Looking for the cheapest Golden Visa Programmes in Europe? Latvia offers second country nationals the ability to obtain Latvian residency through a number of investment residency programmes, with a far lower investment requirement than the Golden Residency Programmes of Spain, Portugal, Malta and Cyprus. Find out more about the Latvian golden residency programme, or contact us for a free consultation to discover your options to obtain a European Golden Visa.
Established in 2010, the Latvian residency by investment program has been massively popular among foreign investors and entrepreneurs seeking to establish a footprint in Schengen Europe. Over 15,000 Golden Visas has been granted since the program’s inception.
Latvian residency gives investors the ability to travel across the European Union visa-free. Your spouse and children up to the age of 18 years old can also become eligible for residency under the program, as long as they are unmarried and that you can provide proof that they are living with you.
Under the Latvian investment residency program, investors can obtain a Temporary Residency Permit (TRP) for 5 years, with annual renewals applicable. As a “Plan B” destination, the Latvian program is attractive for a range of reasons: The application process is fast; residency rights can be obtained in 3 months from making an eligible investment. Furthermore, you will not be required to live in Latvia prior to or during your application process, nor after your temporary residency has been approved.
The program offers investors a range of investment options for obtaining temporary residency rights.
- Instant 5 years Residency
- Biometric ID cards issued for 1 year (renewable each year)
- No minimum stay required
- Visa-free travel in the EU Schengen Zone
- Permanent residence permit after 5 years
- Citizenship after 10 years
- And many more
- Invest 50,000 EUR into share capital of a company in Latvia
- Pay 10,000 EUR State fee
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have enough money on your bank proving necessary subsistence for a year
- Have a clear criminal record
- Should be married to you
- Have a clear criminal record
- Should be under the age of 18 years at the time of application
- Children can keep the residence permit as long as they are not married and can prove that they live together with the parents
- Children older than 14 (but less than 18) years of age should have a clear criminal record
- Once you have received your residence permit, you can invite your relatives for visa purposes, up to and including second-degree relatives.
- Residence permit application.
- A photograph.
- Proof of subsistence.
- Proof of place of residence in Latvia.
- Proof of payment of necessary state duties by the investor.
- Documents related to dependent minor child or child under maintenance. These documents include proof of relationship and permission of other parent for the child to reside in Latvia, if required.
The documents must be submitted after your inviter has approved the invitation letter issued by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.